The Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten in Amsterdam is an international postgraduate institute that welcomes 50 artists from around the world to work for two years on research and experimentation, production and presentation. In the technical workshops, experimentation and interdisciplinary work is stimulated and technical specialists act as sparring partners for the resident artists.
The Rijksakademie is currently looking to fill the following position immediately:
(Freelance) technical CNC milling/laser cutter specialist
for an average of 16 hours per week.
• Extensive experience in working with, and maintenance of, the CNC milling and laser cutter
• Experience with CAD/CAM workflow and extensive knowledge of 2D vector software (e.g. Illustrator, Ink scape) and 3D drawing programs (e. g. Rhino, Solid Works, Autodesk, CAD)
• Experience with, and finding pleasure in, advising and working with international (professional) artists
• Openness towards, and interest in, adjacent technical disciplines/interdisciplinary work
• Eager to learn and open to experimentation
• Flexible working attitude
For more information: Stephan Kuderna, José Biscaya or Pieter Verweij, tel. 020-5270300.
Interested? E-mail your letter + resumé not later than 28 April 2017