Media Lab: Internship Technical Assistant (12 – 24 hours / week)
September - December
About the Rijksakademie
The Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten in Amsterdam focuses on developing talent in the fine arts. We select and facilitate top talent and offer selected artists a platform for further development of their work. Presentation of the work and connections to an international network form a part of the two-year residency program. For many alumni the residency has led to their international breakthrough.
At the end of November (22 till 26 november 2017) all resident artists open the doors to their studios and present their latest work to the public. This event attracts around 7000 visitors every year.
We’re searching for an internship for a period of three months, starting on the 1st of September until mid December 2017.
• You like solving technical problems
• You help us maintain the technical facilities, editing, video and sound studios
• You’ll assist the artists when needed
• You help us check the video and audio gear
• You will be responsible for the running and maintenance of the booking system
• an internship in one of the most exciting places in Amsterdam
• insight into artist’s practices
• informal work environment, great passionate colleagues and interesting artists from all over the world
• a divers range of tasks, on your own responsibility but also with daily guidance
• perspective on a side job
• Affinity with art and culture
• enthusiasm and good communication skills
• HBO or WO study, relevant to the offered internship • Basic skills camera (DSLR and video cameras) and audio recording
• Basic skills Windows and Apple computers (Linux would be an advantage)
• Basic skills editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X (3D, AI and VR is an advantage)
• hands-on and independent mentality
You can e-mail us a letter with a CV before the 14th of August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In case you want more information please call 020 - 5270 332.